Growing up, I remember going to my grandmother’s house for dinner and cook outs. When we would grill chicken, it was usually with this marinade. My Mom also used it when we would have the family over to our house, so it has been around for many years. I’m not really sure the original source of this marinade, but it is simple and takes just a few minutes. You can marinade chicken or beef and it works great overnight or when you only have an hour or so. This would also work with pork tenderloin.
I love to grill even in to the fall, so I use this as a quick go to marinade when I want to use some chicken breast. I haven’t tried it on beef, but I think I might try it on a pork tenderloin and see how that comes out. We tend to grill a lot of pork tenderloin and chicken in our house.
Yummy Chicken Marinade
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup honey
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger (You can use fresh ginger as well, just use a bit less)
3/4 tsp garlic powder (You can also used fresh minced garlic, 2 cloves)
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Place chicken breast or beef in a plastic zipper bag.
3. Pour marinade over the chicken, seal.
4. Place in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 2 hours.
5. Remove the chicken bag at least 20 minutes prior to placing on the grill.
6. Grill until cooked through.