Just because you are on a low carb diet doesn’t mean you have to skip yummy dishes that include noodles. This Spicy Szechuan Noodles with Beef Sauce comes together nicely with Dreamfield’s Pasta to keep the carb count low. This dish is relatively easy and on the table in 30 minutes!
We start off by browning our ground beef and then removing it and setting it aside to drain. I usually put my ground beef on top of paper towels that I have laid over a bowl and that helps the meat to drain while I’m preparing the rest of the dish. Prepare your pasta according to the box directions. Drain. I try to time my pasta to be done just a few minutes prior to when I would add to the remaining ingredients. Don’t want it to get sticky!
After you have browned the meat, pour the sesame oil in a pan and heat until hot. Add garlic, ginger, onions, and red pepper flakes. With the red pepper flakes, I use the recipe amount but if you want more heat – add more! Saute until tender.
Combine cornstarch with beef broth and whisk until smooth. Stir broth mixture, hoison, and soy sauce in to the onion mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
Stir in the ground beef and then toss with the cooked pasta. Sprinkle with green onions and serve! If you want a little more color and additional vegetables to this dish, I would recommend some broccoli florets. You might want to increase the sauce recipe to ensure you have enough to cover if you add more vegetables.
Spicy Szechuan Noodles with Beef Sauce
1 lb ground beef
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
2 tsp minced garlic
1 1/2 tsp minced ginger
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 Tbsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp cornstarch
3/4 cup beef broth
1/3 cup hoison sauce
2 Tbsp soy sauce
8 ounces Angel Hair Pasta, for low carb use Dreamfield’s
1/2 cup diced green onions
1. Brown the ground beef in a skillet. Drain and keep warm.
2. Pour sesame oil in the pan and heat until hot. Add the garlic, onion, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Saute until tender.
3. Cook your pasta according to the package directions. Angel hair doesn’t need a lot of time to be perfect in the boiling water.
4. Combine cornstarch and beef broth, whisking until smooth.
5. Stir broth mixture in to the onion mixture. Also add hoison sauce and soy sauce.
6. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
7. Add back in the ground beef. Combine well. If you are adding vegetables, I would add them at this point. I would make sure they were cooked/steamed prior to adding.
8. Toss with cooked pasta and sprinkle with green onions.
The recipe source for this dish can be found over at Holy Cannoli Recipes. The person she credits, the link is dead so not sure where the true original recipe came from but it is an amazing recipe!