While I was in Spain, I had the opportunity to eat more shrimp than I normally do, which isn’t a lot. I normally only eat shrimp that is cooked Hibachi style at a Japanese Restaurant. However, I had some great shrimp while I was in Spain and decided it was time that I try cooking it at home! It was much easier than I thought so I hope you will enjoy this Simple Garlic Shrimp for those of you that haven’t cooked a lot of shrimp at home.
The first thing that we did was to clean the shrimp, peel them, and de-vein them. Once that was done, I heated up 4 Tbsp of butter in a frying pan until melted.
I then added in the about 2 cloves of garlic minced. I let that cook for about a minute prior to adding in the shrimp. I then added in the shrimp and spread them out in the pan so they were all flat. Cook them about a minute and then flip them over and continue cooking about another minute just until the shrimp begin to pink up and turn opaque. Then you know they are done! Remove and serve immediately.
Simple Garlic Shrimp
1/2 pound of uncooked shrimp
4 Tbsp butter
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1. Clean the shrimp, peel, and de-vein.
2. Heat the butter in a frying pan over medium high heat until melted.
3. Add in the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the shrimp and spread so that each piece is laying flat in the pan. Cook for 1 minute and then turn the shrimp over. Cook for an additional minute to two until the shrimp begin to pink and turn opaque. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp.
5. Remove from the pan and serve immediately!