Peach Cobbler is one of my favorite desserts in the summer! I look forward to the peaches coming in to season so that I can fix some yummy cobbler and top it with some vanilla ice cream. This peach cobbler recipe is super easy and I have to say, the taste is out of this world. It never last long in my house as everyone loves it. I usually have to hid a serving or two in the back of the fridge for later so that I get my fill of it.
The first thing you want are some ripe peaches. Peel them and cut them in to pieces. You need about 4 cups of peaches. Place them in a saucepan.Add in 1 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of water and stir. Bring the peach/sugar mixture to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.While the peaches are cooking, I pre-heat the oven to 350˚ and melt my stick of butter. It helps to slice the butter up in to pieces to help it melt faster.In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, and milk. Add the milk slowly to prevent lumps from forming.When the butter is melted, remove the 13 x 9 pan from the oven. Pour the flour mixture in to the pan over top of the butter.
Add the peaches on top of the flour mixture and then pour the remaining liquid over top.Bake the cobbler in the oven for 30-40 minutes. Remove and let rest for 10 minutes prior to serving.
1 1/2 cups self rising flour
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cup water
2 cups sugar, divided
4 cups peeled, sliced, peaches
1 1/2 cups milk
1. Preheat oven to 350˚
2. Combine peaches, 1 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan. Mix well and bring to a boil.
3. Simmer the peaches for 10 minutes, remove from heat.
4. Melt the stick of butter in the oven in a 13 x 9 pan.
5. Combine remaining 1 cup sugar, milk, and flour. Add the milk slowly while stirring to prevent clumps.
6. Remove the melted butter from the oven. Pour the flour/milk mixture in the pan over top of the butter. Spread the peach mixture over the top and pour liquid over the top of the peaches.
7. Bake for 40 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes prior to serving.