Post weight loss surgery, I am to eat a low carb/high protein diet. That can be difficult at times, especially in the summer, when I don’t want heavy protein foods. I found this light quiche and made it last night for dinner and it was yummy! You can play around with the ingredients to fit your pizza taste. I omitted the mushrooms and opted to add in green peppers and onions. You could add in ham, bacon, sausage bits, the options are many. If you are not watching your fat content, mix the eggs with heavy cream instead of milk to give them a wonderful texture in the quiche.
Crustless Pizza Quiche
1/2 cup pepperoni, diced
8 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
5 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/8 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp dried basil
8 oz package shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400˚.
2. Layer the pepperoni and mushrooms on the bottom of a greased 9 inch pie plate.
3. Mix the beaten eggs, milk, and spices in a bowl.
4. Pour the egg mixture over the pepperoni and mushrooms in the pie plate.
5. Top with Mozzarella Cheese
6. Bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes, depending on how brown you want the top and how dry you want the eggs to set up.
7. Let stand for 5 minutes prior to serving.
*You can eliminate the mushrooms as I did in the recipe. I added in green peppers and onions to the egg mixture prior to pouring it over the pepperoni in the pie dish.
The original recipe for this dish can be found at Gooseberry Patch.