On Low Carb Monday this week, we are heading back to the grill! It is spring and time to start grilling out some of those wonderful low carb dishes. This Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs is super easy and taste amazing! Even my ultra-picky husband loved it and wanted more. This has some carbs in it, but not many and will give you some of the flavors that you really have been missing for awhile.
I started off by mixing up this yummy marinade that I use on chicken breasts and thought might work well for kabobs. Cut up your chicken breast in to pieces to fit on the kabobs. Don’t go very small as they will fall off during cooking. Pour 1/2 the marinade in to a plastic bag and let marinade in the fridge for 2 hours.
I used green bell peppers and onions, so I cut those up in to pieces and placed them in a separate plastic bag with the remaining marinade and let sit in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
An hour prior to grilling, if you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least an hour to keep them from catching on fire.
Cut up a fresh pineapple in to chunks right before assembling your kabobs and then assemble them with your veggies, pineapple, and chicken.
Since there is honey in the marinade, you need to watch how you cook these on the grill so that you don’t burn them. I usually start out on high to give them a good start and then move to the top rack on the grill and turn the heat down to medium to finish them off.
Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs
Yummy Chicken Marinade
1 lb boneless, skinless, chicken breast cut in to bite size pieces
1 green bell pepper
1 sweet onion
1 fresh pineapple
1. Prepare the chicken marinade.
2. Cut the chicken breast in to bite size chunks. Pour 1/2 the marinade in to a plastic bag and place the chicken. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
3. Cut up the bell pepper and onion and place in a plastic bag with the remaining marinade. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
4. Soak wooden skewers in water for at least an hour prior to grilling.
5. Cut up the fresh pineapple in to chunks.
6. Assemble each skewer with onion, green bell pepper, pineapple, and chicken.
7. Grill until cooked through.