One of the snacks that the kids really enjoy is homemade granola bars. I tried several recipes until I found one that came out the way that I was wanting and that the kids said was yummy. This was is easy to make and they usually don’t last long in my house.
This recipe uses whole wheat flour, oats, peanut butter, and is only sweetened with honey and brown sugar. No artificial stuff in this recipe and it provides a whole grain and protein rich snack for the kids especially during the morning.
1 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup Rice Krispy Cereal
1 cup Wheat Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Honey
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl: oats, cereal, wheat flour, and salt
2. Mix all wet ingredients together: Peanut Butter, Honey, Vegetable Oil, Vanilla, and Egg
3. Pour the wet ingredients in to the dry and mix well. Once everything is mixed, then pour in the chocolate chips and mix until they are incorporated.
4. Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Place the mixture in the jelly roll pan and press down with a spatuala until it is the thickness that you want.
5. Bake at 350˚ for approximately 25 – 30 minutes.
6. Let the mixture cool completely before cutting.