One of my favorite things to fix for breakfast is this Easy Breakfast Scramble! This is something you can completely customize to your particular taste. You can also fix ahead and split into easy breakfast packets to heat up in the mornings for an even faster breakfast!
The first thing I start with is some diced up hashbrown potatoes. I usually buy the bag that includes the peppers and onions because I love peppers and onions in just about everything! I take about 1/2 cup if I’m fixing for just myself and place that in a bowl. Place in the microwave for 1 minute to thaw them out.
Then I start about 1/2 Tbsp of butter in a small saucepan over medium high heat. I let that melt and add the potatoes. I allow those to cook for about 2 minutes and then add in my spice mixture which includes chili powder, season salt, and a little dash of smoked paprika. Let that continue to simmer on low to medium heat while you prepare your eggs.
Take 2 eggs and scramble. I usually put a splash of milk or heavy cream in my eggs to make them fluffier. I spray a small frying pan with non-stick spray and then pour my eggs in while the pan is on medium-high heat. Scramble your eggs to your level of doneness. Mine – I like them really well done and dry. Season with a little salt/pepper at the end.
The last step is to combine your eggs in to the same pan with the potatoes and mix well. Let that simmer for about 1 minute. Pour in to a bowl or on to a plate and top with grated cheddar cheese. There you have it! A yummy breakfast scramble that is a perfect high protein breakfast. Feel free to try using some bacon in the mix or sausage for some additional protein!
EASY BREAKFAST SCRAMBLE
1/2 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup hash brown potatoes, frozen
Splash of milk or heavy cream
1/2 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp season salt
1/8 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Take your frozen hash brown potatoes and place in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute to thaw.
2. Heat your butter in a small saucepan and once melted, add the potatoes. Cook on medium-high for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add in your spice mixture and stir. You might want to add 1/2 tsp of additional butter if you need the spices to coat better on the potatoes. Reduce the heat to medium to medium low and let simmer.
4. Scramble 2 eggs in a small frying pan until scrambled to your desired doneness. Combine with the eggs with the potato mixture and simmer for 1 minute.
5. Pour the scramble mixture on to a plate or into a bowl and top with shredded cheddar cheese! Enjoy!
*If fixing this for multiple people, double the amount of potatoes and use 3 scrambled eggs for 2 people and continue doubling from there.