Chicken lasagna is a different take on the traditional lasagna recipe we all have had. This is a super easy dish to prepare and my kids love it. I found this recipe a few years ago on Pinterest and it has been a family favorite. The original recipe can be found over at What’s For Dinner?. I did decrease the amount of lasagna noodles for the recipe to ensure that it didn’t dry out. When laying, I would also suggest making sure all your chicken goes in the first two layers so you have mainly sauce on the top layer and cheese.
I already had shredded chicken in the freezer, but if you are in a hurry, you can always stop at the store and get a Rotisserie chicken and pull the meat off. I started off by cooking my lasagna noodles while I also started the sauce simmering.
After the sauce and noodles were complete, I began laying them in a 13 x 9 casserole dish. The layers I made were lasagna noodles, chicken mixture, cheeses, then noodles again. I ended with noodles on top and mostly the sauce without much chicken and finished with cheese on top.
Place in the oven at 350˚ for 35 minutes. Let it rest 10 minutes prior to serving
2 cans evaporated milk
1 pkg ranch dressing
3 cups shredded chicken
9 lasagna noodles, cooked
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Cook the lasagna noodles according to the box directions. Rinse under cold water and set aside.
2. Combine the milk and ranch dressing mix. Heat over low heat, stirring frequently.
3. Stir in the chicken and simmer uncovered for 25 minutes.
4. Layer the lasagna noodles, chicken mixture, and cheese. You should have three layers.
5. Bake at 350˚ for 35 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Original recipe can be found over at What’s For Dinner?