Several years ago I found this recipe when I was doing Weight Watchers and it has been a family favorite ever since. Chicken basquaise is an easy chicken recipe that is quick and extremely tasty. It includes green and red bell peppers, onions, spices, and tomatoes. It is tasty to serve over some Jasmine rice for a healthy, delicious, dinner.
The prep for this recipe takes the longest time. When I fix this on a weeknight, I will prep the chicken, onion, and peppers and then freeze them in individual bags until the day before I’m going to fix this recipe.
Start off by dicing up the onion, bell peppers, and your chicken breast. Mix the spices together in a separate bowl and then sprinkle 1 tsp of the spice mixture on the chicken pieces.
Heat up the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken until done. Remove the chicken and then place the onions and peppers in the frying pan, cooking until softened.
Add the remaining spice mixture, minced garlic, and the tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes.
Add the chicken back in to the mixture and reduce the heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
1 lb chicken breast, cut in to pieces
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 plum tomatoes, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced (I normally use two cloves since I love garlic)
1. Place chicken in a bowl. In another bowl, combine the paprika, salt, basil, and cayenne pepper.
2. Sprinkle 1 tsp of the mixture over the chicken. Cook chicken in the skillet until done.
3. Remove the chicken and add the onions and peppers to the skillet. Cook until softened.
4.Add the garlic, remaining spice mixture, and tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes.
5. Stir in chicken
6. Cover and reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes.
7. Serve over jasmine rice or your favorite rice.