Need something different for dinner? This Cheesy Veggie Twist will do the trick! This is great as a dinner or even a brunch option. It includes eggs, cream cheese, vegetables, and cheese all wrapped up in crescent rolls. It’s a new twist on having breakfast for dinner!
Mix the eggs, cream cheese, italian cheese in a mixing bowl.
Then I use the frozen broccoli florets. I microwave them and then cut them a little smaller and mix them in with the eggs. Mix in the green onions and tomatoes. Make sure to coat all the vegetables in the egg and cheese mixture.
Unroll the two cans of crescent rolls and lay them on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. I like mine to be solid in the middle, though the original recipe has them laid out in a way that you are forming a ring with a opening in the center.
Pour the egg and vegetable mixture on to the crescent rolls. You will have a little spill out and that is OK. Tuck all your small points in towards the middle. Place in the oven. If the crescent rolls start to get to brown before the egg mixture is set up, you can cover with aluminum foil.
This recipe is best eaten at the time of making. It will re-heat, but not well as the crescent rolls get soft. I haven’t tried re-heating other than in the microwave. It might re-heat better in the toaster oven or in the regular oven.
Cheesy Veggie Twist
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup shredded italian cheese
3 cups frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
4 green onions, sliced
2 cans crescent rolls
1. Mix the eggs, cream cheese, and italian cheese.
2. Add in the broccoli, tomatoes, and green onions.
3. Unroll the crescent rolls and arrange in a circle overlapping with big ends towards the inside.
4. Spoon mixture on to the dough.
5. Bring outside points in and tuck in the middle.
6. Bake at 375˚ for 35 – 40 minutes. If the crescent rolls start to get too brown on top, place aluminum foil on top of the crescent rolls until the egg mixture is set. Let sit for a few minutes prior to cutting.