One of the best things about summer is wonderful fresh vegetables out of the garden or from the Farmer’s Market. This fresh veggie pizza recipe is a great appetizer to serve at your next family get together or cook out! It is really simple and the combinations of vegetables are up to you! I heard about this recipe at the pool one day, and it sounded so good I had to try it out! I used broccoli, cauliflower, grape tomatoes, and some ham and bacon bits. YUM!
The first thing you want to do is to spread out your crescent rolls on a baking sheet and push them lightly to seal them together. Follow the baking directions on the crescent roll can and bake. Remove from the oven and let cool while you prepare the vegetables.
The possibilities of vegetables and even meat toppings is endless. You could use some small onion slices, green onions, green and red bell peppers, cucumbers, or any combination of vegetables available to you that are fresh or to your liking!
Fresh Veggie Pizza
1 8oz package of cream cheese
1 envelope of ranch dressing mix
1 can of crescent rolls
1 head of broccoli
1 head of cauliflower
8 grape tomatoes
3 oz shredded ham
4 pieces of crispy bacon crumbled
1. On a sprayed baking sheet, lay out the crescent rolls and push them together to form one large rectangle. Bake according to the directions.
2. Remove the crescent rolls once baked and let cool while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
3. Let your cream cheese come up to room temperature and soften. Mix with 1/2 packet of ranch dressing mix. If you want a stronger flavor, add in some more ranch dressing mix.
4. Spread the ranch dressing over top of the baked crescent rolls.
5. Layer your veggies!
6. Refrigerate for 1 hour prior to serving.
7. Slice in to small squares and serve as a wonderful appetizer or finger food at your next function!