Fall is one of my favorite times of the year! The reason? Pumpkin! I love any and all things Pumpkin and this Pumpkin Dump Cake is no exception! This is a super easy dessert for a get together, potluck, or just because! This is a very rich dessert and not low calorie AT all – so you have been warned. But it is THAT good!
The first thing we do is mix almost all the ingredients in a bowl: pumpkin, evaporated milk, spice, eggs, and the sugar. I used a whisk to make sure all the ingredients were mixed well.
Pour the pumpkin mixture in to a 9 x 13 baking dish.
Sprinkle a box of cake mix over the top of the mixture. I used one box of white cake mix that I got on sale – making this an inexpensive dessert option as well!
Melt your butter in the microwave and drizzle over the dry cake mix. Place in a 350˚ oven for approximately 40-45 minutes. In my oven, it took closer to 55 minutes to get the mixture to bake until firm. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes prior to serving. *The original recipe calls for adding chopped pecans on top of the cake, however, no one in my family will eat nuts except me so I left those off.
See Detailed Nutrition Info on
- 1 can pumpkin (15 oz)
- 1 can evaporated milk (12 oz)
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 box cake mix (yellow or white)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350?
- Combine the pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, spice, and sugar. Mix well using a whisk.
- Pour in to a 9 x 13 baking dish
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix over top of the pumpkin mixture.
- Drizzle the butter over top of the dry cake mix. Sprinkle with pecans (optional)
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the mixture if firm. In my oven it took more like 55 minutes, so keep checking the mixture after 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for at least 10 minutes prior to serving. We like ours slightly warm, but you can cool completely if you prefer.
*Recipe based on Pumpkin Dump Cake from Food.com.