It is hard to believe we are already at the end of January! This month has flown by. We have had the polar vortex at the beginning of the month and the kids were out of school for several additional days. We are ending the month with snow and ice and the kids being out of school again for a couple of days. In between, I’ve been busy working on some of my personal priorities. This is my first update on how I’m doing so far for the year!
Here is a re-cap of my priorities and goals for this year.
Personal Priorities for 2014
1. Loose 30 pounds – Being on prednisone for a year has had some negative consequences
2. Catch up on the scrapbooks for the kids – I’m 2 years behind!
3. Complete a list of 101 goals to be completed in 1001 days, which I will post up on Detours in Life
4. Complete my sewing projects
5. Write weekly in my journal
6. Make a quilt
1. Launch the Road Trip Survival blog and reach 5,000 views per month
2. Reach 30,000 views per month on Detours in Life
3. Attend 1 blog conference
4. Set up an Etsy store and start selling my own products
5. Publish 2 e-books
6. Solid Business Plan
1. Spend more quality time together by having weekly activities with each child.
2. Focus more on the positive instead of the negative.
3. Be more respectful of each other and the house
(I realize these are not measurable, but I will know I have accomplished them when things start to be better and happier)
1. Learn to adhere to our budget
2. Pay off two debts
1. Good cleaning schedule that I can stick with.
2. Re-do the kids rooms
3. Re-do the dining room
Re-do the office
5. Re-do hallway upstairs/stairs/entry way
6. Start kitchen/living room remodel
7. Paint the exterior shutters
I can say that in the month of January, I was able to cross one thing completely off my list. With the help of family, I was able to get the office make over complete. The carpet is out, the walls painted, and new laminate put down for the flooring. I also added some cabinets for additional storage and a custom desk area for me. This should give me the space and motivation to start on my other priorities for the year.
I have been working on a business plan and learning more about this business. The Road Trip Survival site is about to launch in the next few weeks. It took longer to get it looking the way that I wanted and I eventually hired someone to fix a few things I was struggling with. Things are rolling with Detours and though January is typically a slower month, my page views are staying up to almost the level of December.
For financial and family priorities, I’m behind in those areas and hopefully will have more to update at the end of February as far as those areas are concerned.
Finally, personal priorities have been put on the back burner while I was working on the office. I also finished the guest/kid bath which wasn’t planned, but I decided to get it done and checked off the master list in the month of January. These have taken up most of my time during the month of January along with the kids being home more than expected due to cold and snow.
Not much to really update at this point, I’m hoping to get things rolling better in February when I can use my new office!
If you would like to join up with us this year to work through your priorities, grab a button and join the link below! We’d love to have you along for the journey! Check out some of the other updates below to see how others are doing as well!