My husband really loves French Dip sandwiches, so I set out to create an easy version that he would love and it worked! This recipe is based off of Rachel Ray’s French Dip recipe with a few modifications. This was not only super easy to fix, but it didn’t take a lot of time and would work great for a quick weeknight meal.
I started off by dicing a shallot. Melt the butter in a saucepan and then saute the shallot until soft. Add the flour and combine, cooking for 2 more minutes. Then I added 1 oz of Sherry and let that cook off, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Easy French Dip Sandwiches
2 Tbsp of unsalted butter
1 Shallot, diced
1 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
1 ounce Dry Sherry
16 oz Beef Broth
2 Beef Bouillon Cubes
1 lb deli sliced Angus Roast Beef
Steak seasoning such as salt/pepper, or Montreal Steak Seasoning
1. In a saucepan, melt the butter and then saute the shallots.
2. Add in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add in the 1 ounce of Sherry and let it cook down for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add in the beef broth and beef bouillon cubes and bring to a boil.
5. Season the roast beef with salt/pepper or Montreal Steak Seasoning.
6. Add the beef to the broth mixture and simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Build your sandwich and enjoy!