One of my favorite things to fix for breakfast is this Easy Breakfast Scramble! This is something you can completely customize to your particular taste. You can also fix ahead and split into easy breakfast packets to heat up in the mornings for an even faster breakfast!
The first thing I start with is some diced up hashbrown potatoes. I usually buy the bag that includes the peppers and onions because I love peppers and onions in just about everything! I take about 1/2 cup if I’m fixing for just myself and place that in a bowl. Place in the microwave for 1 minute to thaw them out.
Take 2 eggs and scramble. I usually put a splash of milk or heavy cream in my eggs to make them fluffier. I spray a small frying pan with non-stick spray and then pour my eggs in while the pan is on medium-high heat. Scramble your eggs to your level of doneness. Mine – I like them really well done and dry. Season with a little salt/pepper at the end.
Easy Breakfast Scramble
1/2 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup hash brown potatoes, frozen
Splash of milk or heavy cream
1/2 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp season salt
1/8 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Take your frozen hash brown potatoes and place in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute to thaw.
2. Heat your butter in a small saucepan and once melted, add the potatoes. Cook on medium-high for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add in your spice mixture and stir. You might want to add 1/2 tsp of additional butter if you need the spices to coat better on the potatoes. Reduce the heat to medium to medium low and let simmer.
4. Scramble 2 eggs in a small frying pan until scrambled to your desired doneness. Combine with the eggs with the potato mixture and simmer for 1 minute.
5. Pour the scramble mixture on to a plate or into a bowl and top with shredded cheddar cheese! Enjoy!
*If fixing this for multiple people, double the amount of potatoes and use 3 scrambled eggs for 2 people and continue doubling from there.