The other day, I got a huge craving for Chicken and Biscuits so I though of how I could create this dish in the crock pot and make it super easy! I had a few ideas and I have to say, this turned out SO good. Even the husband was mighty impressed by my creativity and what was on his dinner plate that night. I wanted to share it with all of you since I love easy recipes and especially ones that are oh so good! One of new go to favorites for those cold winter nights!
I started with my basic Chicken and Dumplings recipe and then tweaked it from there! I placed 5 frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot. I chopped up some carrots and an onion and placed that in with the chicken. I took 3 large red potatoes and cut them into chunks with the skin still on and added those to the chicken and veggies.
15 minutes prior to serving, I put some canned biscuits in the oven and baked according to the package directions. I served this dish with one biscuit split in two and open faced and placed the chicken and vegetable mixture over top. It was great for dinner and even better as left overs the next day!
Crock Pot Chicken & Biscuits
5 frozen chicken breasts
12 baby carrots, split in two or chopped based on preference
1 Onion, chopped
3 large red potatoes, diced
2 cans cream of chicken soup
16 oz chicken broth
1/4 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp rosemary
1 garlic clove, minced
2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp Wondra flour
1/2 bag frozen sweet peas
1 can refrigerated biscuits
1. Place the frozen chicken breasts, carrots, onion, and potatoes in the crock pot.
2. Top with cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, thyme, rosemary, garlic, and butter.
3. Cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8 hours.
4. As the chicken is cooking, break up the breasts in to smaller pieces.
5. 30 minutes prior to serving, add in the 1/2 bag of frozen sweet peas.
6. 15 minutes prior to serving, fix the refrigerated biscuits.