This was my first time participating in the Biannual Blogathon Weekend and I have to say, I had a blast! It was great to focus on my goals, get to know a lot of amazing people, and learn so much new information! I can’t wait to participate again the next time.
So, how did I do for the weekend? Well, I put in 20 hours of work on my goals this weekend and though I got a lot accomplished, I didn’t get as much done as I would like. Life got in the way! It did give me the determination to keep on plugging away though until I get all my goals accomplished this week.
My goals for the weekend were the following:
1. Get the design and consulting website finished, up and running. This one is still in progress. I am working on theme modifications and content, but will be done by the end of the week!
2. Create my mailing list and get it started with Detours in Life. I want to really reach out to those that have signed up and share not only the recent post but get feedback on what they want to see more of, don’t want to see, etc. DONE!
3. Get both FamilyVacay and Detours in Life editorial calendars up to date and get the post written and scheduled for the next 3 weeks. Partially done. My editorial calendars are up to date, but I unfortunately have been battling a headache all weekend and I can’t write when my head hurts – it’s like I can’t “think”.
4. Get the new travel site content written and prepare to launch. Not started. Headache thing.
5. Get all my emails sorted, especially the financial related emails from May and June and get those printed and filed. DONE!
6. Participate in as many mini-challenges as possible! Completed 8 mini-challenges and made some friends!
- Completed: The Whys and Hows of a Newsletter for your blog
- Completed: Get Organized with these must -do blog tasks.
- Completed: 7 Key Things Your Blog Should Have.
- Completed: Present a User Friendly Blog Layout.
- Completed: Increasing Blog Productivity from the previous Blogathon
- Completed: 8 Tips to Growing Your Instagram Following from previous Blogathon
- Completed: 15 Clever Ways to get new blog traffic from previous Blogathon
- Completed: How to Configure your Twitter Handle.
- Completed: Made some friends!
- Participated in 4 out of 6 Twitter Parties for the Blogathon.
7. Complete two trainings that I have been taking over the last week, I want them done! Partially. I have completed one training and I’m halfway through the second one.
Again, I had a really fun time working this weekend and the group participating was an amazing group to get to know. I can’t wait to participate more in the future.
If you would like to participate next time, check out the Biannual Blogathon Bash site below!