I’m always looking for new ways to create a meal in my crock pot. This week, I had some stew meat left in the freezer that I needed to cook up. I wanted something new and different so I created this easy Beef Stroganoff recipe that turned out so yummy!
I chopped up an onion and sautéd that in a frying pan with some olive oil until the onion was tender, place in the crock pot. I then floured the stew meat and browned it in the skillet on all sides. Once it was browned, I placed it in the crock pot.
Beef Stroganoff – Crock Pot
1 lb stew meat
2 Tbsp of flour
1 onion, chopped
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 cup Beef Broth
3 Tbsp sour cream
Salt/pepper to taste
1 bag of egg noodles
1. Chop the onion and flour the stew meat in a ziploc bag.
2. Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Sauté the onion until soft and place in the crock pot.
3. Place floured stew meat in the frying pan and brown on all sides. Place in the crock pot.
4. Mix the cream of mushroom soup and beef broth in a small bowl until mixed well. Pour over meat and onion mixture.
5. Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
6. The last 20 minutes of cooking, add in 3 Tbsp of sour cream and mix well. Prepare the egg noodles per the package instructions.
7. Serve beef mixture over egg noodles and enjoy!