Thank you for stopping by! Have you ever been in the position where you thought you had it all planned out as far as your life? I had my life all planned out. I’m a planner. I had my career goals, financial goals, family goals, etc. I’m sure we have all been there in that comfortable zone where we are just working towards our goals and enjoying life. Then two years ago, I got the wind knocked out of me when all those plans went out the window for awhile! I was put on a “Detour” that I didn’t plan for. It was a chaotic time full of uncertainty – not fun! I had to make a decision – grumble about the detour and complain or learn to enjoy the scenery along the way!
I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, in January of 2013. I knew at that moment that my “plans” were going to have to change. My Type A personality was going to have to revise how I went after my goals and what goals were most important! So many things had been put on the back burner while I was chasing my career goals that I had forgotten about my passions in life. I love to write, cook, create, travel, take pictures and all these things were off to the side. I realized they shouldn’t be and I created Detours in Life.
Detours in Life is my spot to share with you my passions and the things that are more important to me now than how many hours I put in at the office each day. I share recipes to help you get dinner on the table fast during the week. You can check those out by clicking on Recipes in the menu above. I create things for my home and tackle some small DIY projects.
From time to time, I talk about my family and health issues or just random things that I want to share. All of these can be found using the Menu at the top of the page. It will help organize some of my randomness. Does lack of organization drive you crazy? It does me too so I have some great tips on getting things organized including your menu plan, grocery list, and the kids!
Want to know a little more about me? Check out these facts!
- Mom to two children, 10 and 8.
- I had bariatric surgery in April of 2010 and lost 200 pounds!
- UT Football Fan – you know we love our football here in the SEC.
- Totally addicted to HGTV.
- I have 2dogs. You might see a post or two on my “pack”.
- Have lived all over the country: Florida, North Carolina, California, Arizona, West Virginia, and Tennessee.
- Moved cross country 4 times!
- Love to travel and you can read more about those adventures at FamilyVacay.net and FamilyTimeTravelers.com.
- Total caffeine addict – just ask my kids and friends!
- I believe in every situation, we all have something to learn and something to teach/share.
- Never stop learning or you stop living!
Feel free to leave me feedback or contact me if you have any comments. You can also email me at email@example.com.